two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#426709 - 07/16/13 12:50 AM Advertising
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

Has anyone noticed how bad the advertising hackers are hitting this site in last few months? It is getting very annoying. If I want to buy something I certainly would not buy from site hackers.

Add Advertising to Twitter Add Advertising to Facebook Add Advertising to MySpace Add Advertising to Del.icio.us Digg Advertising Add Advertising to Yahoo My Web Add Advertising to Google Bookmarks Add Advertising to Stumbleupon Add Advertising to Reddit
#426710 - 07/16/13 06:13 AM Re: Advertising [Re: tessboss]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
yesssssss I have and nothing is being done....they are hijacking threads and doing this nonsense...and doesn't seem to stop...they just keep coming...

Add Re: Advertising to Twitter Add Re: Advertising to Facebook Add Re: Advertising to MySpace Add Re: Advertising to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Advertising Add Re: Advertising to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Advertising to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Advertising to Stumbleupon Add Re: Advertising to Reddit
#426711 - 07/16/13 06:30 AM Re: Advertising [Re: tessboss]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

We rarely had this problem in the past but now it is a daily problem. It has to be a great deal of work for the moderators. Someone has to delete and monitor the hackers all day long. I hope Lisa finds a fix for it soon.

Add Re: Advertising to Twitter Add Re: Advertising to Facebook Add Re: Advertising to MySpace Add Re: Advertising to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Advertising Add Re: Advertising to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Advertising to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Advertising to Stumbleupon Add Re: Advertising to Reddit
#426714 - 07/16/13 03:51 PM Re: Advertising [Re: tessboss]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
lol and they just keep coming...more tonight lol

#426718 - 07/18/13 02:26 PM Re: Advertising [Re: tessboss]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
We have anti-hacker software that checks incoming email addresses and IPs against a known hacker / spammer database. So we're already blocking quite a lot of people. The only ones that get through are the ones coming from "clean" systems. So if anything it's a sign of just how many millions of people out there now do this sort of thing on a daily basis.

There's no way to know, with a freshly made email address on gmail, what someone is going to do with it. So until they make that first spam post somewhere on the web, they can get in here. I then report them to the anti-spam group so they can't cause trouble anywhere else.

I do block brand new accounts from sending PMs or posting URLs, so they can't do *too* much harm. But, yes, the posts do still need to be deleted.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
Yesterday at 06:16 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/22/17 09:57 PM
Training two budgies
by Nhu
11/22/17 01:59 AM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:18 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site