Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#425579 - 11/10/12 02:59 PM Meet Surge (and a question)
snap Offline
Companion

Loc: Washington
Hey everyone. This is my bird Surge. I thought I would show you all what she looks like and ask some questions. First, please tell me this is a female LOL. Also, I noticed recently the texture of her cere is changing. I'm aware that changes in an adult female's cere is normal...but I always worry maybe I'm overlooking something. So, do you think this looks normal? And, is this a female? Thanks all grin I do not think she appreciated getting all these pictures taken of her. Try and notice how here cere seems to bulge out a little in the close up of her beak. Also, are the lines on her beak normal? Ha, ok I'm done now...hope I'm allowed to post this many pictures...just wanted to get all angles. Thanks!

Edited by snap (11/10/12 05:55 PM)

Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Twitter Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Facebook Add Meet Surge (and a question) to MySpace Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Del.icio.us Digg Meet Surge (and a question) Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Yahoo My Web Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Google Bookmarks Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Stumbleupon Add Meet Surge (and a question) to Reddit
#425580 - 11/10/12 03:00 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
snap Offline
Companion

Perhaps I should of posted this under a different thread...

Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Twitter Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Facebook Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to MySpace Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Meet Surge (and a question) Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Stumbleupon Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Reddit
#425585 - 11/10/12 05:28 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
no this thread is fine but those pictures are very blurry you got too close i think or moved ...however it shows enough to see she looks to be female but whyyyyy do you want a female???

her beak is in very poor condition and you need the type of perches where they can groom their beaks and also keep their nails at a proper length

see the link and where it says CEMENT PERCHES this is what you need for that beak...it really is out of condition and get some vitamin A into your birds diet will help too..in the last picture the beak even looks to be way longer than should be also besides the cracks showing in it.

http://www.birdguys.com/bird-conditioning-perch.html

those perches are great last forever as in six months you can just rotate the top to the bottom and get another six months from them but i recommend putting one of them ..as there is two to a package on a steep angle in the cage so they can LEAN into rubbing their beak like what shows in this picture with Cappy

Edited by illusive Fantasy (11/10/12 05:31 PM)

Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Twitter Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Facebook Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to MySpace Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Meet Surge (and a question) Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Stumbleupon Add Re: Meet Surge (and a question) to Reddit
#425586 - 11/10/12 05:41 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
snap Offline
Companion

something tells me we need to go to the vet...hang on im uploading a good pic

#425587 - 11/10/12 05:48 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
snap Offline
Companion

I will also get that perch you mentioned, ty...but this picture really makes me think a vet is needed

Also, I was just hoping I was right in judging she is a female...more of a pride thing lol

Edited by snap (11/10/12 05:51 PM)

#425589 - 11/10/12 05:56 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
snap Offline
Companion

will the vet file it down?

One website says this is normal and will go back after she is done being hormonal...not sure if I believe that though. Another website suggested mites eek

Edited by snap (11/10/12 06:23 PM)

#425590 - 11/10/12 07:03 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

ok that is a better picture thanks and no being hormonal has nothing to do with this and a vet check is always good to check for mites keep in mind tho there is more than one type of mite and you can not treat both the same thats why they are so difficult to control...

best advice see your vet if it is mites and get treated ..do not grind or file beak down get those perches instead...see if you can handle the cracking of the beak and the length FIRST THAT WAY ...if it doesnt improve after about a month to six when when sticking in those perches then you may have to have the vet do it...reason you want the bird to take care of it on its own instead of vet filing is once thats done it turns into a habitual thing for some reason so its best to try to handle it naturally.

Edited by illusive Fantasy (11/10/12 07:06 PM)

#425591 - 11/10/12 07:15 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
snap Offline
Companion

lol i wouldn't do it myself...i was thinking maybe a veterinarian would do it.

I just got back from the store and got the perches...along with extra cuttlebones (which she always has anyway)and found a natural lava stone for her.

I have always been fascinated with getting different shapes of perches and the thought never occured to me to get different TEXTURES....oh well, live and learn.

I'll also search the good food thread for Vitamin A

Thank you for the responses smile

edit: Just to add...right now she is thrilled with the stuff

Edited by snap (11/10/12 07:21 PM)

#425592 - 11/10/12 11:13 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

just one question is the perches you got exactly like the ones i showed you in the link or something different??? never said anything about you doing it yourself maybe you misunderstood me and thats ok i often misunderstand things also and it needs to be gone over again...im assuming you meant about the mites and that was a general statement that when you would see the vet that it shouldnt be with the thought that this is one form of mite without test being done... let me help you about vit. A defiecency symptom of vitamin A deficiency include: •Wheezing •Sneezing •Nostrils blocked with crusts •Swollen eyes (sometimes with discharge) •Loss of appetite •Diarrhea •Weight loss •Gagging •Bad breath •Slimy mouth •Tail bobbing •Dullness of feather color •Listlessness •Depression Vitamin A deficiency can also affect internal organs and cause disorders any of the systems, such as the reproductive, digestive or respiratory system vegetables like chili peppers, leaves of broccoli, turnip and flowers, sweet potato, carrots, beetroot, spinach, dandelion, collards, endive, egg yolks please read the entire link below and the other links also in it ...you will see just how important VIT A is to a birds diet...thank you http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/419620/Importance_of_Vit_A_in_our_bir#Post419620

Edited by illusive Fantasy (11/10/12 11:18 PM)

#426937 - 08/18/13 08:34 PM Re: Meet Surge (and a question) [Re: snap]
Arlene123 Offline

Candy Bag is kind of a popular color in every summer,there are included powder blue, pink green, pink yellow, vivid purple, lemon yellow, sapphire blue and mustard and green color,all of them are the theme tones of sweet women, it just like candy wrappers when childhood collecting. In other words,It simply is a chromic color of variety of colors, the bright and conspicuous color. This kind of color is very popular among girls,bright color would give you fresh feelings,and make ladies charming laugh

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
4 seconds ago
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site