Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#427297 - 11/06/13 07:15 AM My little Tango. always asleep on the job!
TXnursie Offline

Loc: Texas
I have the sweetest little parakeet! His name is Tango, I've had him since Mother's Day. His cage is in the living room and he's fine as long as I'm in the living room. When I get up and go into the kitchen or worse, into the bathroom or bedroom where he can't see me, he protests. Loudly!
He sounds like a little old lady grumbling and mumbling at me sometimes, too. Just enough to let me know my behavior is unacceptable. (he's almost got me trained right, though!)
The funniest thing about Tango is that he is a very heavy sleeper. When he falls asleep on his perch, sometimes he falls off!!! We hear "*thunk*!" and then flutter flutter flutter while he re-orients himself and works his way up the bars and back to his perch. I shouldn't laugh but it's hilarious! Can he hurt himself this way?

Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Twitter Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Facebook Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to MySpace Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Del.icio.us Digg My little Tango. always asleep on the job! Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Yahoo My Web Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Google Bookmarks Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Stumbleupon Add My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Reddit
#427315 - 11/07/13 01:16 PM Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! [Re: TXnursie]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
Dear TXNursie -

Welcome to the forum!

Your keet sounds like quite a hoot! I haven't had any parakeets that fell from their perches, but all keets are different. I might put soft cotton or something on the cage bottom if your keet is going to do that - or maybe try alternative sleeping options that your keet might do better with. Maybe he'd like one of those cocoon things. It'd be worth a try!

Do you have any photos of him? We'd love to see them!

Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Twitter Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Facebook Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to MySpace Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Stumbleupon Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Reddit
#427322 - 11/08/13 01:59 PM Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! [Re: TXnursie]
TXnursie Offline

That's a great idea! I will put something in the bottom. When you say cocoon things, is it like one of those enclosed nests they use to breed finches? I'll get him whatever he wants, he's such a doll!
I will take some photos of him this weekend and send them. Right now my husband is watching Star Wars and my crazy bird is talking to R2D2 and the other crazy little robots that make cute sounds. He LOVES TV and music.
Thanks for replying, I'm sooo glad I found your site! Someone who loves parakeets AND nanowrimo!!!!

Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Twitter Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Facebook Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to MySpace Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Stumbleupon Add Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! to Reddit
#427326 - 11/08/13 03:23 PM Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! [Re: TXnursie]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
Dear TXNursie -

Here's an image of one, they're also called bird hammocks -

I've used several kinds of them. Some of my keets have loved them, some haven't liked them, so it's an individual keet preference smile.

It's great that your keet loves to sing along!

#427342 - 11/15/13 11:28 AM Re: My little Tango. always asleep on the job! [Re: TXnursie]
TXnursie Offline

I just saw this post and I LOVE these!! I'm probably going to check into getting one of these for my little Tango.
Thanks!
Donna

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
4 seconds ago
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site