Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#428652 - 06/11/14 05:18 AM Not a good year for budgies around here
Kymber Offline
Friend

Loc: Van Nuys, Calif.
We're only at the midpoint and I've lost three budgies in 2014.

Mieli had to be put down on February 13 due to a tumor.
Peter passed away of old age on April 1.
Apollo fought a liver disease for more than a year but it got him this morning.

All were Mickaboo Rescue budgies; Mieli and Apollo came together back on July 10, 2010 and Peter had only been here since September 26 of last year.

Unfortunately "forever home" doesn't mean the budgie lives forever.

Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Twitter Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Facebook Add Not a good year for budgies around here to MySpace Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Del.icio.us Digg Not a good year for budgies around here Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Yahoo My Web Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Google Bookmarks Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Stumbleupon Add Not a good year for budgies around here to Reddit
#428653 - 06/11/14 06:42 AM Re: Not a good year for budgies around here [Re: Kymber]
Peety's Lady Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Kymber,
I'm saddened by your news!
You gave them great lives while you had them - that's everything!
Pam

Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Twitter Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Facebook Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to MySpace Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Not a good year for budgies around here Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Stumbleupon Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Reddit
#428654 - 06/11/14 06:46 AM Re: Not a good year for budgies around here [Re: Kymber]
preciousbaby Offline
Friend

Loc: utica, ny
I am very sad for your loss Kymber! Be rest assured that your did the absolute best for your babies while they were in your care!! My heart goes out to you!

Joni

Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Twitter Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Facebook Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to MySpace Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Not a good year for budgies around here Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Stumbleupon Add Re: Not a good year for budgies around here to Reddit
#428656 - 06/11/14 08:17 AM Re: Not a good year for budgies around here [Re: Kymber]
luckystar Offline

Really sorry to hear that...but they were blessed to find you!RIP

#428662 - 06/11/14 02:27 PM Re: Not a good year for budgies around here [Re: Kymber]
Jacquie Offline
Companion

Loc: Oregon
Oh Kymber- I'm so sorry. frown But like everyone else has metioned, They were so blessed to have found you, no matter how long they had. That doesn't help with the pain right now, but what you do by offering them a home is just incredibly wonderful.
I love your new pic, btw. So beautiful.

Blessings and peace to you, my friend.

#428681 - 06/12/14 05:00 PM Re: Not a good year for budgies around here [Re: Kymber]
Kymber Offline
Friend

Loc: Van Nuys, Calif.
Well, the way I see it is that Mieli, being a "special needs" budgie because of his bout with scaly mites before I adopted him, was probably my favorite of the recent flock members. He was the one who was supposed to need vet visits every few weeks to trim and reshape his beak, which grew abnormally in the aftermath of the mite treatment ... only the little guy was clever enough to figure out how to file down and snap off the overgrowth himself using the lava rock. (And boy, did he know he was clever, and was very proud of himself for it.) But he sensed I had taken him in when he would have had trouble finding a home otherwise, and he was the only one that really would spend any amount of time sitting with me.

I gave Apollo more than a year of additional life by trying to treat his liver condition, even though he fought me every day over taking his meds. Had he not come to live with me, who knows if he would have been taken to the vet when he became symptomatic back in April of last year? So while it is sad that the liver finally did him in, he got to live a while longer than he might have otherwise.

Peter ... well, it just turned out that he was much older than any of us suspected. He was a very quiet little guy and he just went in the night with no advance warning. It was just his time to go and at least he found his "forever home" before leaving for the Rainbow Bridge. Even though he was barely here six months, at least he knew he was loved and wanted and safe.

What's interesting is that the five remaining flock members have been much more hyper since Apollo passed away. It's almost as if they were restraining themselves for his benefit and now they feel it's okay to play again.

Budgies. Such amazing personalities in those little feathered bodies.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:20 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:18 AM
Meditate
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:16 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:14 AM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:13 AM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
Today at 05:11 AM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
11/17/17 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
11/16/17 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site