Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#429919 - 07/07/15 11:38 AM Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP!
snufrozemaniah Offline

Hi Everyone,

My parakeet had been playing in some water a week and a half ago, and had been lethargic, sleeping alot, and eating very little. Now, she eats and her droppings have become normal. However, she still sleeps alot, is mostly puffed up, and lethargic. Can someone please give me advice on how to help her? Thanks guys!

Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Twitter Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Facebook Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to MySpace Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Del.icio.us Digg Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Yahoo My Web Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Google Bookmarks Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Stumbleupon Add Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Reddit
#430021 - 08/23/15 10:32 AM Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! [Re: snufrozemaniah]
Kimash Offline
Companion

I see that no one answered your message. How is your parakeet acting now? They can act like your description when they are getting ready to molt. They are usually quiet and lethargic. But get her to a vet if there's any doubt.

Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Twitter Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Facebook Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to MySpace Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Reddit
#430035 - 08/25/15 03:43 PM Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! [Re: snufrozemaniah]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
I think we answered in a different thread but it's definitely good to have it here, too, in case a visitor finds this thread and needs the same help.

Kimash is exactly right - always check with a vet when there's any doubt. Keets are trained by nature to hide any sign of illness. They don't want to be the "weak link" that predators exploit. So you can't go by outward signs of problem with keets. Even subtle changes can mean a lot.

Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Twitter Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Facebook Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to MySpace Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sick/Stressed Parakeet. PLEASE HELP! to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
1 second ago
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site