Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#430827 - 09/21/16 08:49 PM I think he's better! Should I still take him...?
buddyguy Offline

Hi everyone,
This weekend I noticed (it may have started a day or two early, hard to say) one of my two babies acting very sleepy and weak. He was all fluffed up one of the afternoons, and at one point I caught him resting in the food. I was alarmed but because I have a new job, no car, and no convenient access to a vet nearby with after or before work hours, I had to make a big production over his vet visit so that I could take him at 10:30 in the morning.

Well, yesterday I noticed he was a bit more active than before, and tonight he really seems much better! He's jumping around, playing a bit with things, acting mean to the other guy, and coming for the millet when I have it.

I would prefer to not take him anymore because of the additional cost and because of the inconvenience related to my work schedule. Of course, it's still possible that he's sick (and that's the important thing); in addition, I paid a $50 non-refundable fee to the vet.

Any opinions on whether or not I should still bring him in? I really think he's made a turn for the better!

Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Twitter Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Facebook Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to MySpace Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Del.icio.us Digg I think he's better! Should I still take him...? Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Yahoo My Web Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Google Bookmarks Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Stumbleupon Add I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Reddit
#430836 - 09/26/16 08:01 PM Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? [Re: buddyguy]
Lisa Shea Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
I apologize that I didn't see this earlier. How is he doing?

It's always wise to go to a vet even if a keet seems better. Keets are very good at hiding their symptoms because in the wild the weak keet is the consumed keet. A keet which seems better may just be acting in a final hope of not being eaten.

It's always better to check to be sure. And, after all, something caused the initial behavior. If it's not figured out it could come back even worse than before.

Best of luck!

Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Twitter Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Facebook Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to MySpace Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Stumbleupon Add Re: I think he's better! Should I still take him...? to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 10:06 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site