Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#430924 - 11/05/16 11:34 PM Did this forum die?
Argyll Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: British Columbia, CANADA
This forum was once a rocking place. Did it die?

Add Did this forum die? to Twitter Add Did this forum die? to Facebook Add Did this forum die? to MySpace Add Did this forum die? to Del.icio.us Digg Did this forum die? Add Did this forum die? to Yahoo My Web Add Did this forum die? to Google Bookmarks Add Did this forum die? to Stumbleupon Add Did this forum die? to Reddit
#430925 - 11/07/16 07:48 PM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]
Lisa Shea Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
I run a number of forums and all of them have faded with the advent of Facebook and Twitter. People get instant pings on those systems from friends around the world. They don't see the need any more to have to manually log into a system once a day or so to read 'old news.' We have become a on-demand society.

Add Re: Did this forum die? to Twitter Add Re: Did this forum die? to Facebook Add Re: Did this forum die? to MySpace Add Re: Did this forum die? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Did this forum die? Add Re: Did this forum die? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Did this forum die? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Did this forum die? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Did this forum die? to Reddit
#431128 - 02/08/17 03:16 PM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]
Herbert Offline

Very sad reflection of current human values.

Add Re: Did this forum die? to Twitter Add Re: Did this forum die? to Facebook Add Re: Did this forum die? to MySpace Add Re: Did this forum die? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Did this forum die? Add Re: Did this forum die? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Did this forum die? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Did this forum die? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Did this forum die? to Reddit
#431132 - 02/09/17 10:38 PM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]

True Blue Soulmate

I'm not so sure I agree. Isn't this forum itself a replacement for people sitting around a cafe and talking in person?

Each new technology makes it easier for people around the world, on all devices, to share information. So that's a good thing. If billions of people now use Facebook, and they can easily use it on every device, that seems a good thing to me. The more we understand each other the greater the possibility for finding common ground.

If web forums were a stage in that progress, that's fine by me smile.

It's not like the discussion stopped. It just takes place in near-real-time on Facebook now which is rather cool.

#431134 - 02/10/17 09:09 PM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]
Herbert Offline

Lisa Shea: I'm not so sure I agree. Isn't this forum itself a replacement for people sitting around a cafe and talking in person?

Each new technology makes it easier for people around the world, on all devices, to share information. So that's a good thing. If billions of people now use Facebook, and they can easily use it on every device, that seems a good thing to me. The more we understand each other the greater the possibility for finding common ground.

It's not like the discussion stopped. It just takes place in near-real-time on Facebook now which is rather cool.

Herbert: I have found meaningful discussions on some forums. I have never found a meaningful discussion on Facebook. The rise of Facebook, etc. has resulted in the demise of forums.

For those who have awakened and are paying attention, we are moving from the information age into the intuitive age, the age of discernment. Constant change is upon us, not because of technology but because new energy waves are entering our solar system since 1996. We have already learned that nothing is as it appears to be on the surface. Most people have recognized that time is speeding up with this higher speed of light. Cutting edge science has already recognized this but there is much resistance to the new realities.

The speed of technology has been accompanied by the shortening of attention span and the inability to discuss subjects on a deeper level. This is partially because too many people participate in a discussion which leads to distractions and getting off topic.

Look at the number of people who actually think trans-humanism is a good thing. Ex. "If I could put my soul into a mechanical A.I. I would never have disease or aging to deal with. I could go on polluting the world with no consequences to my actions. Being chipped is a good idea, with my best interests at heart."

Technology is not the answer. The real answer is looking within and changing yourself as the most important step in changing the collective human consciousness. Cleaning up the planet means changing human consciousness to recognize we are not here to dominate nature, we are hear to care for the planet and the animals. We have free will to create and we are accomplished creators, it's time we started paying more attention to just what we want to create. That means paying attention to what we habitually think and say from one moment to the next. (Reference Dr Emoto's water and rice experiments)

We were once telepathic, we were the pyramid builders, we used clean energy from crystals. We have lost those abilities and much more because we have been distracted from our true purpose. Technology can never do what we once could do as wholly human individuals. Technology has spread propaganda far and wide while the true role of the education system has been subverted.

I could go on but people can only focus on one or two points at a time. There was a time when I would get a lot of thoughtful responses to what I have just said, but not from Facebook. Science is becoming the new religion based on enforced dictatorship rather than based on observation. Science has lost its way due to stuck minds. Belief systems are fleeting it is wise to hold them lightly.

By the way, I posted one of my poems from memory, which needs editing but can't get in to move some of the lines into their proper place. Can you assist me in getting in to edit it?

#431137 - 02/13/17 03:57 AM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Lisa Shea]
Gemma Watson Offline

Originally Posted By: Lisa Shea
I'm not so sure I agree. Isn't this forum itself a replacement for people sitting around a cafe and talking in person?

That's correct! facebook replaced lot's of medium.

#431587 - 07/29/17 10:53 AM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Argyll
This forum was once a rocking place. Did it die?

It is strange how things change.
Maybe we've all got too old to argue, LOL smile
It was fun while it lasted, though.
I 'met' lots of interesting people.

Edited by PDM (07/29/17 10:55 AM)

#431589 - 07/30/17 12:23 AM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]
Gemma Watson Offline

To me, people are much busy with their lives.

#431591 - 07/30/17 04:00 PM Re: Did this forum die? [Re: Argyll]

True Blue Soulmate

It's not just that, though, Gemma, because people are posting non-stop on Facebook. I think it's more that Facebook and Twitter have taken up of most peoples' online chatting time.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
23 minutes 45 seconds ago
Training two budgies
by Nhu
Today at 01:59 AM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:18 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:14 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site