Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#394245 - 01/25/10 08:36 PM Do you own any Bird Books?
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
Do you have any reference books that you use for caring for your birds? Or do you use use the Internet for all your reference material?

I had bird books, many years ago, but I haven't touched them in at least 10 years. I use the internet for everything now.

Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Twitter Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Facebook Add Do you own any Bird Books? to MySpace Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you own any Bird Books? Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Stumbleupon Add Do you own any Bird Books? to Reddit
#396694 - 03/04/10 06:11 AM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: Lisa Shea]
PartlyCloudy Offline
Companion

I use the internet. What did we do before the internet anyway? smile I do check books out at the library though. I've got a clicker training (for birds) book waiting for me as I type.

Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Twitter Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Facebook Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to MySpace Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you own any Bird Books? Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Reddit
#396705 - 03/04/10 10:53 AM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: Lisa Shea]
Love My Budgies Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Midwest
I have several books, try to stick with ones within the past few years, since info changes so often. I've read all I can find. I subscribe to Bird Talk magazine, mostly for the pictures. grin For training, my favorite book is Getting Started Clicker Training For Birds by Melinda Johnson or Good Bird Inc website & books. I also have a book called The Click That Does the Trick, but I don't like this one as much.
I don't like most online info sources because they are mostly opinion, rumor, or outdated. I prefer info straight from reputable Avian Vets or Trainers.

Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Twitter Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Facebook Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to MySpace Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you own any Bird Books? Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you own any Bird Books? to Reddit
#396707 - 03/04/10 11:39 AM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: Love My Budgies]
Jessica Cole Offline
Great Friend

Loc: United States
I also use the internet and I pick up a Bird Talk magazine whenever I get the chance. I try to find books that are most frequent. :] I look online mostly what to look for in illnesses and stuff like that.

#403831 - 08/10/10 06:41 AM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: Jessica Cole]
ParakeetLover13 Offline

Im gonna go buy a book since i love to read and Ill learn by reading ^^ Any book names I should pick out?

#405115 - 10/06/10 11:55 PM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: ParakeetLover13]
helen07 Offline

Yes, I do. I have a site book titled "Top 100 birding site in the world". the book's size: 320 pages 320mm x270mm with 400 colour photographs and 101 maps.

#430080 - 09/15/15 12:31 PM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: Lisa Shea]
Budgieholic Offline

I have a lot of older and rare books I got off of e bay and amazon

#430943 - 11/11/16 01:03 PM Re: Do you own any Bird Books? [Re: Lisa Shea]
Forteatwo Offline

The best book I have seen online is Dr Ross Perry's Budgie Book. Does anyone have this book. Dr Perry is an Australian Veterinarian.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
Yesterday at 01:16 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site