Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#430980 - 11/26/16 06:02 AM Pet Store Baby that is Talking?
MosestheGreat Offline

Hi everyone. I will 1st say I'm a old timer and raised Budgies and Zebra finches for a long time years ago. I have also had larger birds, a Blue Front Amazon, a Moluccan Cockatoo, Sun conjure, Many Cockatiels. I just decided I want a couple of birds back in my life to talk to and enjoy.
My son went to a local national pet store and got me a couple of budgies, a blue male and a green female. The female looks a few weeks older than the male. Trying to acclimate them to there new surroundings I played them some Budgie sounds from a YouTube video. And low and behold one of the two of them is talking I heard 5 or 6 distinct phrases. I haven't been able to see which one it is, but is it possible? The store said they come from local breeders. Would a breeder let a hand fed go to a pet store like that? The things it says would not be inconsistent with someone caring for them. Generalized statements like "I love you" "I'm a pretty bird" "Hello" ect. My son says I'm crazy. I'm not senile yet and I know I heard it, just haven't figured out who's doing it. They are still not at home yet, this is only the second day but they are coming around nicely. Could this be? Don't tell me I'm crazy too LOL. Thank you.

Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Twitter Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Facebook Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to MySpace Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Del.icio.us Digg Pet Store Baby that is Talking? Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Yahoo My Web Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Google Bookmarks Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Stumbleupon Add Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Reddit
#430981 - 11/26/16 06:04 AM Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? [Re: MosestheGreat]
MosestheGreat Offline

Moses The Great White (Refers to my Beard)

Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Twitter Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Facebook Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to MySpace Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Reddit
#430985 - 11/29/16 09:53 PM Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? [Re: MosestheGreat]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
That is awesome that you've had so many different kinds of birds! I love birds. We keep looking at getting a sun conjure next.

Birds are VERY smart and it easily could be that your bird picked up on phrases no matter how it was raised. That is awesome! Congrats!! smile

Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Twitter Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Facebook Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to MySpace Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pet Store Baby that is Talking? to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
Yesterday at 06:16 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/22/17 09:57 PM
Training two budgies
by Nhu
11/22/17 01:59 AM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:18 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site