Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#430996 - 12/08/16 06:20 PM Parakeet cause of death?
Meja Offline

My parakeet died yesterday morning. His death came as a huge shock because I had no idea he was ill. I've been trying to put together his behavior in the past few weeks and this is what I realized was odd; sometimes he would shake his feathers like he was cold but I didn't think anything of it, it was a little chilly in the house (not that bad) and he would stop and act normal after so I figured maybe he was cold. Also, he sometimes had his mouth open which is unusual. I didn't notice anything else that was different. I'm sorry I didn't realize he was ill earlier so I could have gotten him the help he needed. My heart is broken with him gone, he was the sweetest and most amazing little boy ever.. Anyways, is there someone who can help me determine what may have caused his death? I attached a photo of him about a week before his death.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNUpYz9DkjL/

Add Parakeet cause of death? to Twitter Add Parakeet cause of death? to Facebook Add Parakeet cause of death? to MySpace Add Parakeet cause of death? to Del.icio.us Digg Parakeet cause of death? Add Parakeet cause of death? to Yahoo My Web Add Parakeet cause of death? to Google Bookmarks Add Parakeet cause of death? to Stumbleupon Add Parakeet cause of death? to Reddit
#430998 - 12/11/16 12:18 PM Re: Parakeet cause of death? [Re: Meja]
Edd Online   embarrased

Loc: Bellmawr New Jersey
Meja I wish I had an answer as my Frickette died last night and was healthy on Friday but yesterday morning only wanted to sleep.
Your keet and mine both had the same color.
Sorry for your loss.
Ed

Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Twitter Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Facebook Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to MySpace Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Parakeet cause of death? Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Reddit
#431000 - 12/11/16 07:57 PM Re: Parakeet cause of death? [Re: Meja]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
I'm so sorry to hear of both deaths. Parakeets are notorious for hiding all signs of illness so they aren't singled out by predators. Even the most subtle changes in behavior can signal something is quite wrong.

Without an autopsy there's really no way to know what happened.

I'm sorry for your losses.

Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Twitter Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Facebook Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to MySpace Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Parakeet cause of death? Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Parakeet cause of death? to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
Yesterday at 06:16 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/22/17 09:57 PM
Training two budgies
by Nhu
11/22/17 01:59 AM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:18 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site