my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#431637 - 09/12/17 07:29 AM New Parakeets
Caralit Offline

On September 10th I recently got two new Parakeets/Budgies. I think they are both male, but anyway. So far they've just been sitting in the back of their cage on this one wooden perch. They haven't moved at all, except just moving along the perch.

Now I've been able to hand feed Gazer, my blue budgie, but Sprite, the green/yellow has barely eaten. I've place some food on the ground with water for them, and raised the other wooden perch from what I've read. I know it might take a few days for them to get used to this new home, but I'm nervous they might starve themselves. And the blue one still has stripes on his forehead, and the yellow/green doesn't exactly have any stripes but he's also young.

Do you guys have any tips? I'm also young so I've been doing my best to research and stuff. I love birds with a passion and this is my first time roasting birds. Anyway, thanks for paying attention <3

Add New Parakeets to Twitter Add New Parakeets to Facebook Add New Parakeets to MySpace Add New Parakeets to Del.icio.us Digg New Parakeets Add New Parakeets to Yahoo My Web Add New Parakeets to Google Bookmarks Add New Parakeets to Stumbleupon Add New Parakeets to Reddit
#431641 - 09/13/17 04:46 PM Re: New Parakeets [Re: Caralit]
Lisa Shea Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
Congratulations on the new parakeets!

I'm sure the keets are eating - you can't watch them 24 / 7 and they eat fairly quickly. I wouldn't worry about that. Just make sure they have seed and tasty millet for now as they settle in, and plenty of fresh water.

Take your time, work with them every day, and they'll settle in!

Add Re: New Parakeets to Twitter Add Re: New Parakeets to Facebook Add Re: New Parakeets to MySpace Add Re: New Parakeets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New Parakeets Add Re: New Parakeets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New Parakeets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New Parakeets to Stumbleupon Add Re: New Parakeets to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Indie Author Day 2017
by Lisa Shea
10/14/17 12:35 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
10/11/17 10:23 PM
Matthew 12:40
by rstrats
10/09/17 02:52 PM
Death Watch
by Lisa Shea
10/08/17 03:22 PM
New Balance 574 Elliptical Trainer Critique - An I
by Janzen41
10/04/17 03:39 AM
puffy and definitly not happy
by darrell yarmer
10/03/17 10:47 PM
Ring Ring
by Lisa Shea
10/03/17 09:53 PM
Trying this again. Last post did not take
by HLS
10/03/17 12:42 PM
Dystopian Cover
by Lisa Shea
10/02/17 03:37 PM
Dystopian Cover
by Lisa Shea
10/02/17 03:37 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site