two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#431733 - 11/22/17 01:59 AM Training two budgies
Nhu Offline

Hello! grin
I am a beginner trainer and I have two budgies. I have had them for about a month or so. My dad bought them and my parents do not want them to be in separate cages, so I have to keep them in one cage. (They think I do not need to have them in separate cages) Its big enough for the both of them, they get along well. They eat and preen each other whenever I'm near their cage so I think they are comfortable around me. I have recently started training them, putting my hand in, trying to hand feed them, etc.

The problem with their training is that, they go on my hand, go near it whenever I have millet in my hand. They eat (I have one boy [Rain] and one girl [Lemon]) and Lemon even stands on my hand! They nibble at my hand but Lemon bites extremely hard (but not to the point where it draws blood but to the point where my hand wants to get out of the cage). But when I do not have millet or treats, they look at my hand in fear, like they have never seen my hand before. It's confusing me. I would have thought the millet would have helped them get used to my hand but they just run. They only go on my hand when I have treats.

Please give me advice on how to train two budgies in one cage! Or any advice or feedback on what I am doing wrong!

Thank you! smile confused

Add Training two budgies to Twitter Add Training two budgies to Facebook Add Training two budgies to MySpace Add Training two budgies to Del.icio.us Digg Training two budgies Add Training two budgies to Yahoo My Web Add Training two budgies to Google Bookmarks Add Training two budgies to Stumbleupon Add Training two budgies to Reddit
#431771 - 9 minutes 50 seconds ago Re: Training two budgies [Re: Nhu]
Lisa Shea Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
If you have a boy and a girl they're going to start having babies. Your #1 priority is to take them to a vet and make sure she is physically healthy enough to do that. Also, make sure you have all the supplies needed and get some training with the vet. Do that now before you're caught off guard! Training can come after that. Good luck!

Add Re: Training two budgies to Twitter Add Re: Training two budgies to Facebook Add Re: Training two budgies to MySpace Add Re: Training two budgies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Training two budgies Add Re: Training two budgies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Training two budgies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Training two budgies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Training two budgies to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
what are you guys doing? (in life, i mean)
by Swati Gupta
12/11/17 06:40 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site