Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#88339 - 09/12/05 03:52 AM PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!!
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
I'm sorry to have to add another highlighted topic, but this is important.

I have been concerned that some people post more personal information about themselves - such as the name of their school, etc - than is wise.
I am particularly concerned when it involves minors.

This has reached the stage where someone has given out home & work addresses and phone numbers, so the matter needs to be considered.

There are dangerous people in this world and this forum is available to pretty much anyone and everyone in the world. Bear this in mind and do NOT give out personal information.

No phone numbers.
No addresses.
No school details.

I am concerned about photographs too. I have noticed that a number of young people have posted pictures of themselves.
Schools over here are very careful about putting photos on their web-pages because they know that they might attract paedophiles.

Just think about the information that you post, in passing, on various threads; add the info in your personal profile; add any photos you have posted.

Passing strangers can pick up all this and that could be dangerous.

I have said before, the people on this forum seem very nice, but other people access it, not just the members. Plus, we don't actually KNOW our fellow members. It's a known fact that paedophiles & other criminals use Internet aliases to gain people's trust.

Don't arrange to meet anyone you 'know' from the Internet and don't allow strangers to have access to your personal details!!!

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Twitter Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Facebook Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to MySpace Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Del.icio.us Digg PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Yahoo My Web Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Google Bookmarks Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Stumbleupon Add PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Reddit
#88340 - 09/12/05 05:12 AM Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!!
Aerial Offline
Best Friend

PDM I agree with everything you've said.

Unfortunately there are many young people who are just unaware of the consequences of posting personal information and just too willing to trust.

I endorse everything PDM has stated and please, to those younger members, it's not just us who view your information. There are some very sick and twisted people in 'cyberland' who, once seeing your pictures or personal information could take this further.

Only ever give personal details to people you know.

Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Twitter Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Facebook Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to MySpace Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Reddit
#88341 - 09/12/05 07:51 PM Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!!
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Twitter Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Facebook Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to MySpace Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! to Reddit
#88342 - 09/12/05 08:01 PM Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!!
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

I've posted a story in the 'general keet chat' that might be helpful.

And the link above, to 'rules, gives a printable sheet of dos and donts when using the Internet.

http://www.safekids.com/kidsrules.htm

#88343 - 04/11/06 05:04 PM Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!!
pair'o keets Offline

Loc: oceanside,california
PDM i am totally with t=all of that
yes, the younger ones and even adults should be well aware of that stuff.
please except my thanks to this post

#268307 - 03/11/08 08:34 AM Re: PERSONAL INFORMATION. IMPORTANT!!! [Re: pair'o keets]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 
Latest Posts
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 09:48 PM
Aspen Allegations
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 06:35 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 04:58 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 04:42 PM
budgie bonding again
by keerthi
07/28/14 09:11 PM
Tadpoles
by Lisa Shea
07/28/14 04:26 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/28/14 01:47 PM
How do I train 2 Parakeets
by Kymber
07/28/14 10:06 AM
ASICS Tennis Shoes Review - Wonderful and Durable
by kenneth
07/27/14 05:15 PM
New Sci-Fi Novel
by Lisa Shea
07/27/14 07:40 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site