My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#93325 - 11/15/04 06:41 PM Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Arizona
I bought Beeker at Bird World. Where did the rest of you buy your birds. And any recomendations to buy a good seed mix would be appreciated.

Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Twitter Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Facebook Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to MySpace Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Del.icio.us Digg Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Yahoo My Web Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Google Bookmarks Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Stumbleupon Add Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Reddit
#93326 - 11/16/04 11:25 AM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Budgie Jumper Offline
Regular

Loc: Boise, ID
i got all three of mine, tucks, squeaks , and jet from petsmart. Had to save them from the small cage crammed full of birds :p anyways! i use nutriphase Gold parakeet formula for mine. I guess its got all the good stuff n stuff. cool

Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Twitter Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Facebook Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to MySpace Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Reddit
#93327 - 11/16/04 12:26 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
All three of my current birds were hand raised so I got them from a breeder. I highly recommend hand raised birds as being very healthy and also quite human-socialized.

Seeds are important, but remember they're only one small part of a balanced diet. Eating only seeds is like a human eating only white bread - the malnutrition will get to you pretty quickly. Be sure to provide a healthy mix of greens, veggies, fruits, bread, etc. to your keet!

Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Twitter Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Facebook Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to MySpace Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pet stores:  Where did you buy your bird? to Reddit
#93328 - 11/18/04 01:16 AM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
BudgieLover Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Kansas
I got my Joey at a locally owned pet shop downtown. He was in a cage with a bunch of other budgies and so he wasn't hand raised. I was worried he'd be hard to hand train and stuff because of this, but it actually wasn't a problem. He was very shy the first few days, but ever since then he has been very social. He was also surprisingly easy to hand train. (He's MOST LIKELY a boy the vet says, but it's still too soon to know.) So yeah.

#93329 - 11/29/04 09:00 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
SarahWilson Offline
Best Friend

Loc: GA
I got Grendel at a locally owned pet store. Like the post above my little guy warmed up to me very quickly...I can hardly remember now how he acted so shy when I first got him. I do notice though that my friends and boyfriend cannot get him to come out of his cage by getting on their fingers..I am the only one he lets get him out of his cage. Once he is out is wants to be the center of attention and I think he shows off for company.

#93330 - 11/30/04 02:44 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

ParakeetWhiz posted his personal phone number which isn't allowed in this forum, sorry about that! This is a non-commercial forum with people posting notes to help each other out, but we aren't here to make money off of each other. If you want to help people out, please answer questions here in the forum smile

#93331 - 11/30/04 02:46 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

That's great, Budgie and Sarah! Definitely parakeets are VERY smart and learn to trust each person individually. It's like a toddler. A child will cling to their mommy or daddy when strangers are around. They know the difference between who they trust and who they do not trust. Parakeets are exactly the same way! You have to earn the trust of your keet smile

#93332 - 11/30/04 03:42 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

I bought Pebbles (my keet)at Bird World The same place Kacey got hers!

-Emily Dickinson

#93333 - 11/30/04 03:51 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

I don't think I've heard of a BirdWorld. Around here they have PetSmart which is a general pet store, that's where I get my seeds and toys.

#93334 - 11/30/04 03:55 PM Re: Pet stores: Where did you buy your bird?
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

Well I don't think "Bird World" is a franchise. Yah I like Petsmart to!

-Emily Dickinson

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by nopqrs876950
Yesterday at 01:29 AM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:07 PM
How to Express Birthday Greetings?
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:05 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:04 PM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by nopqrs876950
12/06/17 12:05 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by rstuvw579648
12/02/17 12:10 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Matthew 12:40
by nopqrs876950
11/29/17 11:12 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/28/17 06:40 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site