My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93368 - 12/03/04 10:13 PM Re: Funny Stories!!!
SarahWilson Offline
Best Friend

Loc: GA
lol yes they are funny budgielover

kacey dont worry you will experience it. I remember when Grendel was shy and demure never caused a problem. He was so polite and would eat and not throw (or spit, or kick) food out of his cage...and when I put him on his playgym he would just sit at the top of the ladder so quiet.

NOW he is constantly throwing things on the floor..chirping, squaking..pecking the nose of a curious dog who DARES to sniff HIS space (which is pretty much the coffee table). When he thinks I have not filled his food bowl up enough he pecks at his found and looks at me angrily...and when he thinks I've filled it too much he gets in the bowl and kicks seed all over the place! Of course I dont miss my shy quiet Grendel. Obviously he feels at home here and isnt afraid to express himself.

Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Twitter Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Facebook Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to MySpace Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Funny Stories!!! Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Reddit
#93369 - 12/03/04 10:41 PM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Arizona
That's good. (not the seed throwing part) smile

Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Twitter Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Facebook Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to MySpace Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Funny Stories!!! Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Funny Stories!!! to Reddit
#93370 - 12/04/04 12:28 AM Re: Funny Stories!!!
BudgieLover Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Kansas
My Joey throws food out of his cage too - constantly! The main way he does it is to pick up a piece of seed, carry it to his porch, and drop it onto the carpet - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Then he'll do it AGAIN and AGAIN until he's bored with it. I have to vaccuum the area in front of his cage ALL THE TIME!! (What a brat) wink But yeah, like you said Sarah, that means they feel at home when they do that stuff, so it's all good. :p

#93371 - 12/06/04 06:14 PM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Sushi'n'Stitch Offline
Companion

Loc: Missouri
My keet is still a bit shy, so she doesn't do anything particularly hilarious, though. One day, however, she was feeling very social. This happened to be a day when I was conducting phone survey research for a class. I was in the middle of a survey just then, so despite the fact that she was chirping for me at the top of her lungs (I think she was jealous that I wasn't paying attention to her), I couldn't acknowledge her. She flew down from her cage and started running in circles around me and chirping and chirping... You can tell how spoiled she is, when she can't deal with me talking to someone else for fifteen minutes. :-D

#93372 - 12/06/04 07:02 PM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

Those two stories are hilariios! LOL!!!!!!! smile

-Emily Dickinson

#93373 - 12/06/04 10:05 PM Re: Funny Stories!!!
SarahWilson Offline
Best Friend

Loc: GA
Sushi's person..Grendel does the same thing. Maybe they dont know what the phone is and they think you are talking to them? Grendel seems to get extra loud chirping and chattering when I am on the phone. I have notice he tries to mimic my laugh.

#93374 - 12/07/04 07:09 AM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Long Time Friend

Thats funny! Yah its SO funny when they try and mimic lauhing! smile

-Emily Dickinson

#93375 - 12/08/04 11:56 PM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
Yup I work from home and generally am not talking to myself (grin) - but when someone calls and I talk to them on the phone my parakeets start chirping at the top of their lungs. I think it's a combination of them liking my voice but realizing I'm paying attention to someone else. They don't chirp like that when I go talk to THEM - only when I talk to someone else on the phone. They're quite smart smile

#93376 - 12/09/04 06:38 AM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Long Time Friend

Yah thats very smart! It must be very loud when your on the phone! smile I bet everyone you talk on the phone with knows by now you have 4 keets!lol! Chirping birds are very fun to have around! smile

-Emily Dickinson

#93377 - 12/09/04 07:18 AM Re: Funny Stories!!!
Sushi'n'Stitch Offline
Companion

Loc: Missouri
That's right about them only deciding to be obnoxiously attention-seeking when you're on the phone. When I talk directly to Sushi, she just chirps quietly in response to me, or when I say her name. But when I'm talking but _not_ to her - to the phone or another person - she gets upset that the attention's not on her. Also, she will generally be fairly quiet when it's just the two of us (unless, of course, she's trying to get the finches worked up), but when my roommates are all sitting around watching the tv, she gets jealous.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by nopqrs876950
Yesterday at 01:29 AM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:07 PM
How to Express Birthday Greetings?
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:05 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:04 PM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by nopqrs876950
12/06/17 12:05 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by rstuvw579648
12/02/17 12:10 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Matthew 12:40
by nopqrs876950
11/29/17 11:12 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/28/17 06:40 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site