My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93512 - 12/04/04 07:56 AM How to know if my keet has been eating?
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Arizona
I am very worried that Kacey hasn't been eating her millet. I've had her for a week today. I had Beeker for a week and a day before he started showing signs of illness. He wasn't eating either. Although, she is maintaining body heat. (I can feel it in her feet) And I am not sure if they can do that without eating alot. Should I call a vet and get the min. Wieght a parakeet her age should be? Just to make sure she has been eating?

Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Twitter Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Facebook Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to MySpace Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Del.icio.us Digg How to know if my keet has been eating? Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Yahoo My Web Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Google Bookmarks Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Stumbleupon Add How to know if my keet has been eating? to Reddit
#93513 - 12/04/04 12:41 PM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

I need some opinions. confused

Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Twitter Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Facebook Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to MySpace Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Reddit
#93514 - 12/04/04 01:14 PM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Please! eek confused

Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Twitter Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Facebook Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to MySpace Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to know if my keet has been eating? to Reddit
#93515 - 12/05/04 07:40 AM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

Well you could check the level of her food and the left over of her food on the bottom of her cage and somtimes the curnols are in the food bin to.

-Emily Dickinson

#93516 - 12/05/04 08:26 PM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
BudgieLover Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Kansas
Yeah, and also, worry more about the seed she's eaten than the millet, cuz millet is kinda like junk food, so keets shouldn't have it all the time anyway smile If there are hulled out seeds in her food thing, she's been eating at least some. Hmmm I don't know what else to tell you, sorry. confused I hope Kacey is okay, good luck! smile

#93517 - 12/05/04 09:34 PM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Sushi'n'Stitch Offline
Companion

Loc: Missouri
Just eating millet isn't healthy at all - Kacey really needs to be eating seed as her staple, with some healthy foods on the side (and millet as a treat).

I check Sushi's dish every morning - if you look closely enough, you can tell the hulls and the seeds apart. If there are hulls there, the bird has eaten the seed inside.

#93518 - 12/05/04 10:26 PM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

I actually sat and watched her for a bit today, and I saw her eating her millet. She HAS had seed since I brought her home, but I didn't think she liked it. So I went out and bought her a new mix today. Nutraphase Gold. Is that a good brand?

#93519 - 12/06/04 06:51 AM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

Hull oh ok so thats what you say not curnal ok that good! smile I really don't know if its a good brand sorry! smile

-Emily Dickinson

#93520 - 12/06/04 09:38 PM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
getlow316 Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
I always worry too about a new bird and eating. I have not noticed my new bird eating either. I always worried if he knew it was there, if he could find it and such. I think it just takes a day or so for them to feel comfortable enough to start looking around. All my other birds I worried the same way yet they all seemed to do ok. As far as the seed brand being ok, I'm sure your keet will let you know! smile

#93521 - 12/09/04 12:01 AM Re: How to know if my keet has been eating?
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
New birds tend to be shy about eating but they really will eat if they're hungry. Make sure you offer a variety of veggies and such to your keet - seed is a good start, but it's not a full nutritious diet smile I don't know that any seed is really "better" than any other in a global sense, it would sort of be like arguing over types of bread. They are all just various breads in the end. I suppose I'd choose a seed mix that had a variety of shapes just for interest's sake, but it's more important that you have the veggies and other things vs choosing a particular brand of seed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
Yesterday at 01:16 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site