Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93529 - 12/05/04 09:07 AM Your Keet's Favorite Song
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Arizona
What is your keet's favorite song? Mine's is "You Are My Sunshine". I makes her so happy to hear it! smile

Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Twitter Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Facebook Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to MySpace Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Del.icio.us Digg Your Keet's Favorite Song Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Yahoo My Web Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Google Bookmarks Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Stumbleupon Add Your Keet's Favorite Song to Reddit
#93530 - 12/05/04 10:51 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

Hmmmm well hmmmmmmm I think Pebbles likes "Lord, I Come Before You" which is one of the songs on my Salvador cd! laugh

-Emily Dickinson

Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Twitter Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Facebook Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to MySpace Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Stumbleupon Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Reddit
#93531 - 12/05/04 02:33 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

COOL!!!! THAT"S GREAT!!! I'll have to try some Casting Crowns songs to see if she likes them. smile

Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Twitter Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Facebook Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to MySpace Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Stumbleupon Add Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song to Reddit
#93532 - 12/06/04 06:53 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Long Time Friend

Yah I think though that she likes the sort of bouncy songs better than sad and quiet songs but I am sure some of the casting crowns ones have "bouncy" songs! smile

-Emily Dickinson

#93533 - 12/06/04 09:15 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Oh yah! "BOUNCY"! smile more that than soft actually. smile

#93534 - 12/06/04 12:26 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Long Time Friend

Ok yah you should try that! smile

-Emily Dickinson

#93535 - 12/06/04 12:26 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

I think i will today! smile

#93536 - 12/09/04 12:09 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
My parakeets definitely react to music - if I play boppy music they get all bouncy, but if I play quiet, soft music, it puts them to sleep smile

#93537 - 12/09/04 10:12 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
getlow316 Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
This may be funny but you know what the only thing Petey has responded to so far? My dog Elvis's squeek toy! It almost sounds like another bird! When he chews on it softly it sounds like bird chatter! laugh

#93538 - 12/09/04 10:44 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Just as long as your keet doesn't think it's another keet being chewed smile

#93539 - 12/16/04 05:58 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
FightinIrishPJ Offline
Good Friend

Loc: New York
my keet sky's fav. song is prolly anything new and pop, not rap tho, he likes talk radio the best tho, it's so funny when the announcer is competing with sky

#93540 - 12/17/04 09:57 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Long Time Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Kacey_Keet_777:
COOL!!!! THAT"S GREAT!!! I'll have to try some Casting Crowns songs to see if she likes them. smile
Have you tryed it yet Kacey? Does she like it?

-Emily Dickinson

#93541 - 12/17/04 09:57 AM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Long Time Friend

*tried sorry about that! :rolleyes:

-Emily Dickinson

#93542 - 12/17/04 08:46 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

NO, unfortunatly I haven't had the chance......I CAN'T FIND THE CD!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! mad mad

#93543 - 12/19/04 04:03 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
SecretPrayer Offline

Loc: Here and There
I think Cyanna, the female of my two, likes soft music. Whenever I play my piano (usually "Silent Night" this time of year), she just stares at my fingers for a while, with her head cocked. She usually makes A LOT of noise, and she's only silent when I play.

Snowy, the male, isn't very expressive. I don't think he cares much about music, he'd much rather stare at the food bowl all day. Even when I let him out to fly every day, he just keeps his eyes fixed on the cage.

#93544 - 12/19/04 06:30 PM Re: Your Keet's Favorite Song
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

That makes sense, Secret, parakeets are very smart and are quite aware that we communicate with sound. When you are teaching a parakeet to talk one of the keys is holding them where they can see your mouth so they make the connection that you are saying words that have meaning. So she is watching your fingers to learn the song you are making. If you keep playing the same song a lot, she will probably learn to sing it back to you smile

That's strange that the male is the less vocal. Traditionally males are the vocal ones and the ones that learn how to talk. Maybe you should try other styles of music with him?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
Today at 01:16 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site