Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#93617 - 12/15/04 05:28 PM New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
esouthworth Offline

Hello all. I found this site when I was searching for information on how to help my office 'keet, Reynaldo, cope with the loss of his partner, Clara. I chose the two many months ago from a large selection of birds based on their obvious bond with each other. I kept them in my office because I have a very cat-like cat at home who would have figured out how to get them, given enough time. Reynaldo and Clara kept me and each other company and I gave them the run of the office. They kept their messes to a minimum and cheered all of my human office companions when stress mounted.
Anyway, I came into the office a while ago to find that Clara had suddenly and mysteriously expired. Reynaldo was bereft. We all were but we were mostly concerned about Reynaldo's well-being. I found the site and emailed my question about getting a companion...but before Lisa was able to respond I found myself back at the bird store, looking at other keets. I found Bianca and did what the bird store owner suggested (which is what Lisa suggested too) Reynaldo perked up immediately and began the sweetest courtship I have ever witnessed. He groomed himself, took a full bath in the water dish, waited for Bianca's invitation to come closer and, three days later, is sitting side by side with Bianca on the perch in the cage, whispering sweet nothings in the general direction of her ear. His attentions have allowed Bianca to get used to her surroundings quickly. I don't know if they will become as inseparable as Reynaldo and Clara were (they cuddled, groomed, fed each other, sang to each other, etc.) but Bianca has given Reynaldo hope. And the rest of us humans are much happier too.

Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Twitter Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Facebook Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to MySpace Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Del.icio.us Digg New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Yahoo My Web Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Google Bookmarks Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Stumbleupon Add New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Reddit
#93618 - 12/15/04 05:51 PM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Arizona
That is such a wonderful story! Worthy of "Chicken Soup For The Pet Lover's Soul 2" !!! laugh That is so sweet. smile smile smile

Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Twitter Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Facebook Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to MySpace Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Stumbleupon Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Reddit
#93619 - 12/15/04 08:38 PM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
Pebbles_lil_cutie Offline
Long Time Friend

Thats a great story! So cute!!!!! smile

-Emily Dickinson

Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Twitter Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Facebook Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to MySpace Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Stumbleupon Add Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too. to Reddit
#93620 - 12/16/04 07:45 AM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
getlow316 Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Cool story and welcome! -Scott smile

#93621 - 12/16/04 10:45 AM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
That's wonderful that it worked out well smile

#93622 - 12/18/04 12:19 AM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
BudgieLover Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Kansas
That's a great story! I'm glad it all worked out okay. That's so sweet about Reynaldo giving himself a bath and everything for Bianca. I thought only humans did that sort of thing. Very cool. smile

#93623 - 12/19/04 06:39 PM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
BudgieLover - birds are some of THE most courtship minded creatures on the planet smile Watch around Valentine's Day for the shows on the Animal Planet and Discovery channels - some birds go to incredible extremes to attract a mate smile

#93624 - 12/20/04 12:10 AM Re: New to the Keet Forum - a good story too.
SarahWilson Offline
Best Friend

Loc: GA
that is a wonderful story!!! welcome to the board!

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Today at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site