The Child Health Site
Topic Options
IMG_2484.JPG
my cage
Image Details
Poster lnarbehsevan Offline
Posted 04/22/12 12:44 PM
Description
Hi guys this is my parakeets cage ,so as you have seen the cage is hanging from top of the base and one side of the cage is very close to the wall,and they are located in our flower rooms .

Because of hanging from the top when birds are in activity cage has some little oscilation movments ?

Will that oscilation movments intrupt them if tehy want mate or breeding ?Or if the female go in a box for layying eggs ,and the other one strat to fly in a cage so we will have some oscilation will that be a problem ?or its ok ?
Dimensions 240x320
Size 17.82 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#423476 - 04/25/12 09:04 AM Re: my cage [Re: lnarbehsevan]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
ahhh this answers my question as to how big your cage is.
Sorry to say I really think it is too small for 4 birds, even more too small for breeding 2 pairs.
You have some very beautiful keets there Inarbehsevan :)I was looking at your other pics.

I do think they need more room and they also need more variety of perches. They should have a grooming type perch or 2 like this
http://www.petco.com/product/106805/Petco-16-Cement-Perches.aspx?CoreCat=LN_BirdSupplies_Perches
and maybe a comfy perch or 2 like this http://www.petco.com/N_25_4294956710_30_...4&cmrefpf=1
Natural wood/branch perches are great too if you are SURE the branches are from a safe non toxic tree, bark removed and cleaned properly.
I can't see if you have a mineral block in there for them, but can't stress enough how important that is. A plain, unflavored uncolored mineral block.
At least 2 if not more feeding stations and a couple water dishes/silos.
One more thing? If planning on eventually letting them out for some fly time(which you should work slowly with them and get them hand/finger tamed first) you will have to go through all of your plants to make sure none are toxic to your birds smile

Be sure your cage is very secure hanging that way as I have seen more than a few accidents from falling cages.
Perhaps add another cage and separate them, putting the cages on cage stands?

Edited by kksuns (04/25/12 09:05 AM)

Add Re: my cage to Twitter Add Re: my cage to Facebook Add Re: my cage to MySpace Add Re: my cage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: my cage Add Re: my cage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: my cage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: my cage to Stumbleupon Add Re: my cage to Reddit
#423501 - 04/28/12 04:39 AM Re: my cage [Re: lnarbehsevan]
lnarbehsevan Offline

Thanks for your answer regarding the height of the cage it is around 85 com and the length is 45 with the width of 35 honestly it was the biggest cage in that market .

I have seen that they can fly and move well inside ,and I have hanged them on the wall ,but to be honest I love the cages which are big enough ,but right now my budgies are get used to this cage and I think If I want again change the cage they will get shocked .

I don't live in USA but I am have the residency of there ,so I can back there again ,but the problem is carrying big cages from petco seems to be difficult to travel with you to over seas. .

Add Re: my cage to Twitter Add Re: my cage to Facebook Add Re: my cage to MySpace Add Re: my cage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: my cage Add Re: my cage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: my cage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: my cage to Stumbleupon Add Re: my cage to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
10/18/17 10:13 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/18/17 03:34 PM
Indie Author Day 2017
by Lisa Shea
10/14/17 12:35 AM
Matthew 12:40
by rstrats
10/09/17 02:52 PM
Death Watch
by Lisa Shea
10/08/17 03:22 PM
New Balance 574 Elliptical Trainer Critique - An I
by Janzen41
10/04/17 03:39 AM
puffy and definitly not happy
by darrell yarmer
10/03/17 10:47 PM
Ring Ring
by Lisa Shea
10/03/17 09:53 PM
Trying this again. Last post did not take
by HLS
10/03/17 12:42 PM
Dystopian Cover
by Lisa Shea
10/02/17 03:37 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site