Winery in Sicily
Sponsored Link
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355388 - 04/21/09 01:45 AM Wine with Mexican Food
Lisa Shea Online   content

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
We went out for Mexican tonight and I had my favorite, a beef burrito with lots of extra sour cream. I had a Greg Norman Shiraz with it, which was a lovely combination! Greg Norman Shiraz is one of my 'comfort wines' - gentle, spicy, fun to drink.

What do you guys drink with Mexican food?

Add Wine with Mexican Food to Twitter Add Wine with Mexican Food to Facebook Add Wine with Mexican Food to MySpace Add Wine with Mexican Food to Del.icio.us Digg Wine with Mexican Food Add Wine with Mexican Food to Yahoo My Web Add Wine with Mexican Food to Google Bookmarks Add Wine with Mexican Food to Stumbleupon Add Wine with Mexican Food to Reddit
#355404 - 04/22/09 06:59 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Lisa Shea]
charlene Offline

I love tacos. I tend to drink beer.

Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Twitter Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Facebook Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to MySpace Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Wine with Mexican Food Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Stumbleupon Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Reddit
#355415 - 04/22/09 08:25 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: charlene]

Silver Star Soulmate

I know a lot of people who prefer beer to wine with Mexican, I agree it can go well!

Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Twitter Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Facebook Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to MySpace Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Wine with Mexican Food Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Stumbleupon Add Re: Wine with Mexican Food to Reddit
#355453 - 04/24/09 05:39 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Lisa Shea]
winelvr Offline

How about tequila?

#355464 - 04/26/09 01:04 AM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: winelvr]

Silver Star Soulmate

Tequila is certainly a drink associated with Mexico!

I did a search one time for Mexican wines and could not find any at all. They certainly exist, but they don't seem to export any wines up to the northern parts of the US. I imagine you can get them in Mexico though.

#355470 - 04/26/09 12:33 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Lisa Shea]
Peter May Offline
Best Friend

Loc: St Albans, England
Crikey, my local supermarket here in England has a Mexican wine, L A Cetto Petit Sirah and v. good it is too. And the Cetto Nebbiolo is stunning.

BTW I read on a blog in the past few days that M'Hudi Pinotage is available in Boston. M'Hudi is the winery featured in the third final programme of the recent Wine series, and on my blog at pinotage.org. Unfortunately M'Hudi Pinotage is not in England (though their Savvy and Merlot are in M&S)

#355473 - 04/26/09 02:15 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Peter May]

Silver Star Soulmate

Wow, how do you guys get these things!! Maybe your drinkers are more open to "new wines". In my wine shops it is 90% Californian and we're lucky to get bottles from France, Spain and Italy smile

Boston is a haul for me but I'll keep it in mind if I go out there for some reason!

#355478 - 04/27/09 03:45 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Lisa Shea]
Peter May Offline
Best Friend

On the hand, Mexican restaurants are thin on the ground here ...*

*not that I mind, my experience of them in Texas led me to believe they are not for me.

#355480 - 04/27/09 08:22 PM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Peter May]

Silver Star Soulmate

That's interesting Peter, I had almost become convinced that the UK had far more international things (even from Mexico) than the US did! We have TONS of Mexican restaurants around here, I would say Mexican and Chinese restaurants are the two most popular "ethnic" restaurants.

I think you have a ton of Indian restaurants though right? I have to drive a ways to get to one. I adore Indian food too.

#355484 - 04/28/09 05:37 AM Re: Wine with Mexican Food [Re: Lisa Shea]
Peter May Offline
Best Friend

Thousands and thousands of Indian restaurants, but few Mex. Pubs and other eating places have the odd Mexican style dish such as fajitas and I recently discovered that the Chiquito chain is operating here in the UK, my sone went to one with his mates last week.

Not sure how authentic it is, has stuff I didn't see in the US Mex places, such as steak sandwich in ciabiatta.

Menu is viewable at http://www.chiquito.co.uk/pdf/0901-Generic-main-menu.pdf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:06 AM
Seltzer
by Lisa Shea
07/23/14 11:05 PM
Beck's light beer
by Lisa Shea
07/11/14 08:26 PM
Otokoyama sake
by Lisa Shea
07/09/14 11:30 PM
Heat and Wine
by Lisa Shea
07/02/14 07:59 PM
Sparkling Sake
by Lisa Shea
07/01/14 07:04 PM
Sangria and Pernod
by Lisa Shea
06/30/14 09:30 PM
Red or White Sangria
by Lisa Shea
06/25/14 07:53 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link