Mouton Rothschild Bordeaux
Winery in Sicily
Sponsored Link
Topic Options
#356027 - 11/23/09 11:08 AM Drinking before Noon
Lisa Shea Online   content

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
I woke up really early, so I'm having lunch really early (11am) - and now I can't have wine with it because it's before noon! Argh!

Do you follow any rules about drinking before noon?

Add Drinking before Noon to Twitter Add Drinking before Noon to Facebook Add Drinking before Noon to MySpace Add Drinking before Noon to Del.icio.us Digg Drinking before Noon Add Drinking before Noon to Yahoo My Web Add Drinking before Noon to Google Bookmarks Add Drinking before Noon to Stumbleupon Add Drinking before Noon to Reddit
#356028 - 11/23/09 12:01 PM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: Lisa Shea]
zinbythesea Offline

Enjoy your wine with your lunch, forget the rules! smile

I love to sit on my sunny patio and watch the boats sail by with a glass of wine, quite often before noon.

And I love your forum and site, btw!

Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Twitter Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Facebook Add Re: Drinking before Noon to MySpace Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Drinking before Noon Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Stumbleupon Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Reddit
#356029 - 11/23/09 12:40 PM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: zinbythesea]
Brom Offline
Good Friend

Since the clock is essentially an arbitrary human construct and a month ago 11:00 am was actually 12:00pm (in all jurisdictions except ... Arizona is it?), I can't see paying all that much attention to it.

The fact that yesterday I had a glass of Cotes du Rhone blanc with some pine nut hummous at 11:00 has nothing to do with it.

Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Twitter Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Facebook Add Re: Drinking before Noon to MySpace Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Drinking before Noon Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Stumbleupon Add Re: Drinking before Noon to Reddit
#356031 - 11/24/09 04:15 PM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: Brom]

Silver Star Soulmate

Greetings zinByTheSea, it's great to hear from you! What type of wine do you enjoy for boat-watching?

I have to admit that I gave in and poured myself a glass of white wine. I just couldn't stand the taste of the meal with water, and we didn't have anything else in the house smile

I suppose it would be like eating oreos with water, it just doesn't go well sometimes smile

#356467 - 02/11/10 12:34 PM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: Lisa Shea]
Neil G.B. Offline
Long Time Friend

Greetings to all, one of the wine tasting groups we attend meets at 10.00 am, know it seems a strange time, our instructor has informed us, best time of the day to sample new wines, is early morning ones senses are at the best, we fully endorse this as we do seem to have learnt a lot in the short time doing the class.

Will quickly say, only doing tastings early to learn, honest!!!!,

Thank you for the kind welcome.

#356481 - 02/13/10 12:55 AM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: Neil G.B.]

Silver Star Soulmate

Hey there Neil! Yes that's very true, when I go to wine festivals they very often have seminars in the morning hours, and definitely the tongue is nice and fresh then smile

#356498 - 02/14/10 12:47 AM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Companion

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I think it's not what time it is, so much as whether something is overkill. For example, reaching for a wine each morning instead of coffee, every day, could be seen as a problem.

But then, coffee is also addictive, so maybe this isn't the best example. Maybe we are all addicts in some way. smile

But to have a morning Mimosa, Champagne, Sangria or Bloody Mary on a lovely Sunday, or during any lazy day of relaxation, is a wonderful luxury.

#356503 - 02/14/10 04:32 AM Re: Drinking before Noon [Re: jilly]

Silver Star Soulmate

Yes many Sunday fancy breakfasts have an orange juice and Champagne drink as a delightful part of it!

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Box Chardonnay
by Lisa Shea
10/01/14 08:04 PM
The Lucky Cat - Black Cat Vol. 1
by Lisa Shea
10/01/14 04:06 PM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by Lisa Shea
09/28/14 08:19 AM
Courvoisier sangria
by Pablo ferretta
09/25/14 05:30 PM
Chaine des Rotisseur
by Pablo ferretta
09/25/14 05:00 PM
Wine Tasting Event!
by Pablo ferretta
09/24/14 05:58 PM
Bordeaux box wine
by Pablo ferretta
09/23/14 05:47 PM
WineIntro Turns 10!
by Lisa Shea
09/19/14 07:45 PM
Artistic Wine Glass
by Lisa Shea
09/05/14 03:12 PM
Sangria Recipes book
by Lisa Shea
09/04/14 06:32 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link