Sponsored Link
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#357548 - 06/23/10 04:23 AM Pinot Chardonnay
Neil G.B. Offline
Long Time Friend

Pinot Chardonnay, what is this ?

Neil

Add Pinot Chardonnay to Twitter Add Pinot Chardonnay to Facebook Add Pinot Chardonnay to MySpace Add Pinot Chardonnay to Del.icio.us Digg Pinot Chardonnay Add Pinot Chardonnay to Yahoo My Web Add Pinot Chardonnay to Google Bookmarks Add Pinot Chardonnay to Stumbleupon Add Pinot Chardonnay to Reddit
#357552 - 06/23/10 07:15 AM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Neil G.B.]
Peter May Offline
Best Friend

Loc: St Albans, England

It is Chardonnay.

Bearing in mind that chardonnay in France wasn't labelled with the variety name but the new world started using varietal naming.

Chardonnay was known as Pinot Chardonnay; I have several old labels showing this name.

Then the 'experts' said the variety had no connection with Pinot and the prefix shouldn't be used so it was dropped.

Now DNA testing has shown the old timers were correct all along and Chardonnay is an immediate descendent of Pinot Noir.

Where did you come across this use of the name?

Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Twitter Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Facebook Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to MySpace Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pinot Chardonnay Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Reddit
#357558 - 06/24/10 05:34 AM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Peter May]
Neil G.B. Offline
Long Time Friend

Peter,
I contacted the vineyard to day & now find it is a blend of Pinot Meunier 35% & Chardonnay 65%.

If you visit www.penarthvineyard.co.uk, you can see a photo of the label, I also have a bottle from same make of the Red ( which if you saw bottle would say is Rose )

Brought all from a Deli in N.Wales.

Neil.

Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Twitter Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Facebook Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to MySpace Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pinot Chardonnay Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pinot Chardonnay to Reddit
#357559 - 06/24/10 05:54 AM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Neil G.B.]
Peter May Offline
Best Friend

Umm, confusing labelling -- maybe not legal

#357562 - 06/25/10 03:57 AM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Peter May]
Neil G.B. Offline
Long Time Friend

Peter,
I only really brought the wine as was looking for a Welsh made Red & White, ended up buying two from Penarthvineyard, as from a area I know well.

Also brought Red, White & Rose from Vineyard near Holyhead, the white was not bad 100% Madeleine Angevine, it all a big learning curve to me, which with your kind help make a lot of progress,

Thanks

Neil

#357573 - 06/26/10 07:11 PM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Neil G.B.]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
I would agree with Peter that the label sounds incredibly confusing, which I am wholly against smile

#357575 - 06/27/10 04:28 AM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Lisa Shea]
Neil G.B. Offline
Long Time Friend

Did you look at website, has image of the label which shows
Pinot Chardonnay, does not say much, I presume if it was shown as
PINOT/CHARDONNAY, would be acceptable?

Check out wwww.englishwineproducers.com, has guide to map of all England & Wales vineyards, normal cost is UK1.00, can get from website FREE.

Neil.

#357577 - 06/27/10 12:19 PM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Neil G.B.]
Peter May Offline
Best Friend

Yes, I saw the label which is why I posted about its legality

The grape variety name is not Pinot. There are several varieties which start with a Pinot prefix

#357595 - 07/02/10 06:40 PM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Peter May]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
Right - why not actually list the full grape names so it's nice and clear?

#357605 - 07/03/10 07:55 AM Re: Pinot Chardonnay [Re: Lisa Shea]
Neil G.B. Offline
Long Time Friend

Have to confess do feel have been conned, I took it as being Pinot Chardonnay as per label, so much to learn, thanks guys for help with this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
pink bubbly
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by PeterLewicke
10/10/14 04:49 PM
King Richard III and Wine
by PeterLewicke
10/10/14 04:47 PM
WineIntro Turns 10!
by PeterLewicke
10/10/14 04:43 PM
Root Beer Vanilla Sangria
by Lisa Shea
10/07/14 09:44 PM
Key Lime sangria
by Lisa Shea
10/06/14 07:15 PM
Into the Wasteland - A Dystopian Journey
by Lisa Shea
10/03/14 08:32 PM
Box Chardonnay
by Lisa Shea
10/02/14 08:00 PM
The Lucky Cat - Black Cat Vol. 1
by Lisa Shea
10/01/14 04:06 PM
Courvoisier sangria
by Pablo ferretta
09/25/14 05:30 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link