10/02/05 01:37 PM
10/02/05 01:37 PM
The Big Apple
skippy_and_pippy Offline OP
Great Friend
skippy_and_pippy  Offline OP
Great Friend
The Big Apple
Well, since each and every budgie has a different personality, I was thinking that every one can post up a description of your keet's cute habits, how he/she behaves, if he/she's the leader or the follower etc. etc...

I'll start us off:

Skippy (green, blue, and yellow; couple of months old):
Although not the dominant bird, he's the more adventurous one who is always the first to examine a new toy and hop out of his cage to fly. He is more active and is constantly flapping about in his cage is not let out. He can sing if he wants to (which is always) but when he squawks, be prepared for a migraine. His little head is always bobbing up and down and it's SO cute. Sadly, he's very skittish sometimes and doesn't trust anything that moves.

Pippy (green, yellow, and black; same age as Skippy):
She's the biter and pecks her friend everytime he gets into her personal space. However, she's more receptive to people (yay!) and always eats everything put in front of her. She doesn't come out much and prefers to sit back and watch. She's terrible flyer unlike Skippy and will bump into walls sometimes.. frown so that probably explains her reluctance to come out. She has learned to bob her head from Skippy so now I have two bobble-head budgies. smile

Now it's your turn! What's your keet's personality?

I love my babies: Skippy and Pippy! \:\)
Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27668
10/02/05 02:05 PM
10/02/05 02:05 PM
Georgia
T
Tweety-holic Offline
Soulmate
Tweety-holic  Offline
Soulmate
T
Georgia
This is going to take a while...

Tweety (green)-Very sweet!! She just likes to sit back and watch all the other birds run around the cage, and even 'attack' people by flying at their faces. Tweety loves to give kisses and preen my hair. A total sweetheart. She will not bite for her life!

Sunnyboy (Blue & white)- Daring. He will do anything daring. He really likes to follow and copy what Bluebell does!

Malachi (dark grey)- A copy cat.

ixie (yellow & green)- Curious. She wants to go around the house just to look at everything. She wants to know everything, including why I won't let her & Sunnyboy mate. She is VERY flirty and always tries to look her best for Sunnyboy!! smile

Bluebell (green, blue, yellow, with black)- An adventurous, curious daredevil. She has quite the personality. She will do anything!! She's climb up to th ceiling, she'll sleep on my Mom's shoe. Those are only TWO of the things she did!!

Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27669
10/02/05 03:09 PM
10/02/05 03:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bonnie grn/blk/yellow: He's my little macho birdie. He's in charge of hte cage and bosses all the other around.
Clyde grn/blk/blu She is mother hen and the oldest. She's always keeping the others in line
Stormy-gry/blk/wht He's the baby and follows anything Bonnie does. I think he's going to be the 1st one finger trained.
Rain gry/pale blu/wht She's a nervouse nellie and has had a harder time finding her place. She and Stormy don't seem to be attracted to each other. She is young too.

There a laugh a minute and I love watching them.

Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27670
10/02/05 04:04 PM
10/02/05 04:04 PM
New York
GJD2490 Offline
Regular
GJD2490  Offline
Regular
New York
Ringo (A mix between Lilac and blue on his belly, and black and white on his wings, but under his wings on his backside, it a deep royal blue)- Though Ringo is curretnly a only child, he is a very complex Keet. When we first got him, he seemed so sweet and wouldn't bite a thing. We thought he was shy and was scared of everything.

How wrong we were when Ringo started to take his space. Don't get me wrong Ringo didn't become and mean biting maniac, on the contrary. He's still shy at times, but now his true personality has shown. He's a very selfish (but cute and loving) Keet. He loves things that will only benifit him, not caring about me or my family. Lately he's grown to like us more (since we got rid of his mirror). Yet he is a bit selfish and loves to start fights with my sister when she ignores him (He yells at her and flaps his wings! lol) He used to bite all the time when during the later hours of the day when we tried to pet him, probably because he was sleepy. He's definately getting better and I love him no matter what he does.

Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27671
10/02/05 04:17 PM
10/02/05 04:17 PM
Orlando, FL
Dawayne Offline
Good Friend
Dawayne  Offline
Good Friend
Orlando, FL
Blue(Blue Body and yellow face) - The Boss a laid back kind of bird.
Bingo(Green black and blue tail) - Playful Bird Always Wants to play.
Bj(White, Gray, Yellow, and black) - He does what ever blue does.

<---- My Keets Blue, Bingo, And Bj
«¸.·´¯`·.¸»«Däwäyne»«¸.·´¯`·.¸»
http://cutepoodle2you.proboards56.com/ Please register!!
Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27672
10/02/05 05:02 PM
10/02/05 05:02 PM
CA
La Sierra Madre Offline
Best Friend
La Sierra Madre  Offline
Best Friend
CA
Sierra (Yellow, black and green)- more mellow keet, but pretty hyper in the morning. her fav acrobatic trick is ti hang upside down and watch me moving around the room.

Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27673
10/02/05 05:10 PM
10/02/05 05:10 PM
Canada
Kait Offline
Good Friend
Kait  Offline
Good Friend
Canada
Charlie ---> light green body with a yellow face with black and yellow wings,between 2-4 months. Shes the more dominent keet and loves to explore, shes always willing to try new things!

Addy ---> White with a blue belly and black spots on her wings,between 2-4 months. She follows Charlie where ever she goes, she sings the loudest out of the two of them and is uaually a little more skidish if you move to fast.

They both love to give kisses and preen my hair and when they are out of their cage their favorite spot is my shoulder :p

<3Andy,Charlie,Sunny&Emmie<3
Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27674
10/02/05 06:34 PM
10/02/05 06:34 PM
NY
hpetS Offline
Friend
hpetS  Offline
Friend
NY
Link (blue, whilte, & black) - She's the daring one. She'll be the first to play with a new toy or fly into an unexplored room. She also LOVES playing with knotted rope.

Zelda (green, yellow, & black) - a bit bossy, but still lovable. She is the calmer one out of the two.

Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27675
10/02/05 07:30 PM
10/02/05 07:30 PM
MO
Cully's Mom Offline
Long Time Friend
Cully's Mom  Offline
Long Time Friend
MO
Cully - sky blue & white with black on one wing
3-4 months old.
Very persnickity! Very vocal. Doesn't like anyone to leave the room, so now we move him from room to room (cage and all)
Doesn't want any part of hands/finger training, but will nibble on my nose and lips when I kiss at him on his perch.
Loves to play in his food. Rolls in it, throws it out, makes a huge mess. Seems to be his "safe place" if something startles him.
LOVES to play with his toys, very very active, but I only let him out in the bathroom, where its safe for him. When out of his cage he's very skittish.
Whistles at you when he wants your attention.
Very acrobatic!

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die!
Re: Your Parakeet's Personality #27676
10/02/05 08:31 PM
10/02/05 08:31 PM
San Diego, CA
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Jloc  Offline
Best Friend
San Diego, CA
Frodo- A very calm and laid back birdie, very funny makes faces and like to immitate me, loves her coconut more than anything in the world including millet which she also loves extremely. SOmetimes will just get wild while playing and start making funny sounds at the toys. She is basically still and baby and acts like a baby, but I can see she wants to be loved and cuddled but she is still just very unsure of people and just stays back and watches. I think she will come around, as I know she wants to, I can see it. Loves clicking her beak and hanging about, loves all toys really, especially bells and beads. Doesn't talk much but when she does it beautiful. Oh and she loves watching TV, I will get some video proof soon if you don't believe me.

Sparky- My moms bird- Extremely hyper, literaly just bounces all over, a very fast keet even at a good size. IS very cuddly and loves attention more than any toys or even other birds. Loves running through hair and landing on heads. Also enjoys the cage for some reason, even while out playing she will take short pit stops in the cage and then come back out. Gets jealous when anyone is eating and will land on your plate or cup and try to steal a drink or bite. Very vocal bird, talks with the birds outside a lot, and can whistle extremely well. Very funny and cute bird and has bonded to people better than any keet I have ever seen, almost like a parrot or something. Oh and she loves nibbling and giving kisses, she always gives kisses especially on your nose. I should get video of her too, she just loves to play with people and is so hyper, it's hilarious.

Thats about it, both are blue and white with some gray on their backs/wings, and both have those pretty little spots on their necks and cheeks. Cute birds. Jloc

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Deadpool 2
by thetamxxx. 06/21/18 04:03 AM
Lucifer Series Cancelled
by Nathan Lee. 06/11/18 08:49 AM
Parakeet Beak/Face problem
by Nathan Lee. 06/11/18 08:47 AM
New Parakeet
by Markedg. 06/05/18 06:41 PM
Free Online Watercolor Courses
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 10:51 PM
Is the Holy Grail in Spain?
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 10:47 PM
Parakeets and Travel
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 01:04 PM
Name Animals Beginning with A
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 12:56 PM
Zoo Mysteries
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 12:46 PM
Repairing Chewing Damage
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 07:57 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
General Discussion
Books, TV, Movies
Da Vinci Code
Dreams
Japanese Culture
Life, Universe, Everything
Online Courses
Politics
Religious Research
Show Your Own Work
Work From Home / Writing

Parakeets
General Parakeet Chat
Keet Stories and Photos
Parakeet Photo Gallery
Budgie Training
Health and Medical Issues
Parakeet Breeding
In Memory Of ...
Non-Budgie Pets and Animals
Non-Budgie Animal Photos
Off-Topic for Keet Owners
Games
Animal Rights
Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site