whitey n bluedy my new little ones #401316
05/19/10 08:29 PM
05/19/10 08:29 PM
W
whiteyblue Offline OP
whiteyblue  Offline OP
W
whiteynbluedy
I brought whitey n bluedy 2 weeks back from pet store, they as 3-4 months old.Whitey just learned to eat cauliflower and apple yesterday along with seeds,which they were eating previously.But bluedy is very moody and he picks only some of his fav seeds to eat not touching anything else.I am trying to hand train them but bluedy always runs away frm me and also scares away whitey if she tries to come to me.They have learned to go inside their home whenever they want to.So most of the time i leave their door open so that they are free to come and go whenever they want.Is it the reason that bluedy doesnt want to be hand trained..he comes out of the door when my hand is inside(throught the side gap of hand and door) and runs back to home when i come around.Please see the link provided and advise.

Re: whitey n bluedy my new little ones [Re: whiteyblue] #401320
05/19/10 09:01 PM
05/19/10 09:01 PM
Massachusetts
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
illusive Fantasy  Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Massachusetts
Hi welcome aboard..please be sure they dont eat apple seed or any part of the core its toxic..

Sometimes like us birds prefer certain seeds till they acquire different taste..its normal..

Birds should be hand and perch trained before being let out which makes life easier for both bird and us..if they are not hand or perch trained i would recommend they do not come out till they are and patience is always a key to this. In time they will respond.

I dont see any link you mentioned tho..what was it about?

CAPPY
Re: whitey n bluedy my new little ones [Re: illusive Fantasy] #401351
05/20/10 02:24 PM
05/20/10 02:24 PM
W
whiteyblue Offline OP
whiteyblue  Offline OP
W
Thanks for your advise...If u click on "whiteynbluedy" above it will take u to youtube link of my parakeets.I am very careful about their diet and i wont let them out now till they are hand trained..

Re: whitey n bluedy my new little ones [Re: whiteyblue] #402195
06/10/10 02:14 AM
06/10/10 02:14 AM
W
whiteyblue Offline OP
whiteyblue  Offline OP
W

My feathered babies whitey n bluedy completed a month with me now. They are perch trained in cage but not outside. They just play around when outside eat and take bath whenever they want.They have started eating spinach,corn,apple,cauliflower other than seed mix.They are now allowing me to touch them in evening when they are about to sleep but not in day time..when they are full time active..
whitey is female and bossy over bluedy male.She doesnt want him to eat in cage instead eats herself and feeds him.She even doesnt let him swing .Does all females do that? [img]http://img404.imageshack.us/g/z1hetq9z.jpg/[/img]

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Deadpool 2
by thetamxxx. 06/21/18 04:03 AM
Lucifer Series Cancelled
by Nathan Lee. 06/11/18 08:49 AM
Parakeet Beak/Face problem
by Nathan Lee. 06/11/18 08:47 AM
New Parakeet
by Markedg. 06/05/18 06:41 PM
Free Online Watercolor Courses
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 10:51 PM
Is the Holy Grail in Spain?
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 10:47 PM
Parakeets and Travel
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 01:04 PM
Name Animals Beginning with A
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 12:56 PM
Zoo Mysteries
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 12:46 PM
Repairing Chewing Damage
by Lisa Shea. 05/28/18 07:57 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
General Discussion
Books, TV, Movies
Da Vinci Code
Dreams
Japanese Culture
Life, Universe, Everything
Online Courses
Politics
Religious Research
Show Your Own Work
Work From Home / Writing

Parakeets
General Parakeet Chat
Keet Stories and Photos
Parakeet Photo Gallery
Budgie Training
Health and Medical Issues
Parakeet Breeding
In Memory Of ...
Non-Budgie Pets and Animals
Non-Budgie Animal Photos
Off-Topic for Keet Owners
Games
Animal Rights
Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site