06/28/10 06:31 PM
06/28/10 06:31 PM
New York
Niki Offline OP
Best Friend
Niki  Offline OP
Best Friend

New York
I'm so mad at myself right now!! Steve had called me into the living room to watch the cats while he cleaned Cloud's cage. I was stupid enough not to know enough to completely remove Chai from the room and Cloud got out and Chai attacked him!!!

cry

We rushed him to the aviary vet and under inspection, Cloud has a huge laceration under his right leg. He's in surgery right now getting stitches and I'm so upset!

I'm mad at myself for not being patient enough to hand train Cloud enough to not freak out during cage trainings. I'm mad at myself for not domesticating Chai (feral) enough not to attack birds (all our other bred cats know better). I'm mad at myself for not removing Chai from the room and letting this disaster happen.

I'm decided and we're going to give Chai up for adoption if anyone will take her. I just hope my lack of responsibility hasn't cost Cloud's life.
cry

Re: Worst owner in the world!!! [Re: Niki] #402965
07/04/10 06:30 PM
07/04/10 06:30 PM
peepers14 Offline
Great Friend
peepers14  Offline
Great Friend

That must be quit a day for your family. Did Chai survive the surgery? That little bird must be in shock by now.
I would take her, but i dont live close to New York, i sorry. I would still contact more people who have the time and love for another family member...

Im sorry, get well soon Chai....

I Luv Budgies!
Re: Worst owner in the world!!! [Re: peepers14] #402968
07/04/10 07:55 PM
07/04/10 07:55 PM
upstate NY
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
kksuns  Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

upstate NY
Oh man Niki, I didn't even see this thread..it was a while ago...sorry.
No you are NOT the worst owner in the world! I'm sure you take very good care of Cloud and love him to pieces.
As they say..hindsight is 20/20. No sense beating yourself up over coulda, shoulda, wouldas.

How IS Cloud??? How did the surgery/stitches go?

Does Cloud have out of cage time? Does he enjoy being out and playing/exploring? If he does, then I would suggest getting a smaller cage that you can set up near his regular cage. Let him explore it on his own and become comfortable with it. That way he can stay in the smaller cage while you do cage cleanings and won't freak out. It could also be used for travel cage or to take him outside. smile
My Ziggy is not hand tamed, and I've found it's sooo much easier having 2nd cage for him to go into while I clean the big cage.

My best to Cloud..I hope he's well on his way to recovery by now.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by kushi. 10/14/19 09:49 AM
The Queen's budgies
by Onmojete. 09/22/19 09:11 PM
Hi name Amy New
by Onmojete. 09/22/19 09:10 PM
Parakeet Beak/Face problem
by Onmojete. 09/22/19 09:07 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
General Discussion
Books, TV, Movies
Da Vinci Code
Dreams
Japanese Culture
Life, Universe, Everything
Online Courses
Politics
Religious Research
Show Your Own Work
Work From Home / Writing

Parakeets
General Parakeet Chat
Keet Stories and Photos
Parakeet Photo Gallery
Budgie Training
Health and Medical Issues
Parakeet Breeding
In Memory Of ...
Non-Budgie Pets and Animals
Non-Budgie Animal Photos
Off-Topic for Keet Owners
Games
Animal Rights
Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site