Memphis TN
J
Jenny_Leigh Offline OP
Friend
Jenny_Leigh  Offline OP
Friend
J

Memphis TN
so mark died today while i was at school. i am so devestated. i knew it was coming though. last night when i came home from church he was fluffed up again and half of his body was paralyzed or something like that. he couldnt walk on his left leg. he was barely moving. i took him out and let him sleep on my chest with my hand cupped around him for 3 hours. i would put him in his cage and he would just stare out the door till i opened it and then he would struggle to get in my hand again. eventually he fell asleep with my hand in the cage and i gently placed him down. i put everything he need at the bottom with him and covered his cage and we went to sleep about 12:30. i woke up and he was barely breathing but i still had to go to school and when my dad picked me up he told me he passed on about noon. i came home and took down his cage and then we burried him in the backyard with his favorite toy and his perch. i love him and miss his so much. i feel so alone now cuz we used to do everything togeter. watch t.v, do my homework, he was always on my shoulder or playing. i am crying so hard as i type this. i wish i could have helped him more but i couldnt take him to the vet. i feel so bad and sad. when ever i think of him i always cry. i am not going to get another bird for a while, probably not till next year. i cant even think about getting another one with out weeping bitterly. when i get another one i will come back to the forums, intill then this is my goodbye.

R.I.P My little guy mark i love you and miss you so much.

Re: marks gone #41367
02/09/06 11:29 PM
02/09/06 11:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh how sad Jenny. I know how much you loved Mark I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you. Keep coming to the forums, maybe in a little while you will see what an honor it would be to Mark to give another budgie a great home like you gave him. ((((((Jenny_Leigh))))))) frown

Re: marks gone #41368
02/09/06 11:30 PM
02/09/06 11:30 PM
america
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
sixbirds  Offline
Best Friend

america
aww.. frown thats so sad.. frown

Re: marks gone #41369
02/09/06 11:38 PM
02/09/06 11:38 PM
Alyssa Offline
Soulmate
Alyssa  Offline
Soulmate

I'm sorry Jenny. If he couldn't walk on his left leg, that sounds very much like he could have had a tumor pressing down on the nerves, in that case there was an almost certain chance there was nothing you could do other than surgery, but if it was cancerous it could spread even after being removed and he would just slowly and painfully die after the surgery. I'm not sure how old he is, but they can get tumors at a yongue again even though it's very rare to get them till 5-6 years of age.

He died knowing that you loved him. Its going to be hard to get over the loss, but you will. You're always going to miss him like crazy but eventually the happy thoughts wont hurt anymore, they will make you smile. A new bird will really help the process, I said I'd never get a new bird after Elkie died but I did about a week later and I was still very depressed but Cosmo was such a sweetheart and he helped me a lot. Before getting a new bird I moved my entire room around, put the cage somewhere different and completely revamped it (then got a new one), and made sure everything was for Cosmo now. I was terribly depressed for a while, so was my mom, even my dad cried when Elkie died and I've never seen him cry in my life (he doesnt know I seen him). We were all attached to her. But I promise you it wont hurt so terribly bad forever.

I wish you wouldn't leave the forums, if you do make sure you stay around people or stay active doing things. If you just sit and start thinking you're going to cry a whole lot. I stayed around my parents for a while and made sure I was always busy when I could be. When I got Cosmo I had to take care of him and I couldnt just lay down and cry all day.

R.I.P Elkie
Nov. 04 - Jul. 05
Your life was short lived but I hope you were very happy.
Re: marks gone #41370
02/10/06 12:26 AM
02/10/06 12:26 AM
Brooklyn, New York
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
AyEe Y0o  Offline
Soulmate
A

Brooklyn, New York
Oh my God... (10 lines of silences for Mark)

I'm so extremely sorry, you know looking at the pictures and one particular when you're scratching his head inspired me to do it... and it worked for some time...

I hope you're OK...

God Bless.. R. I. P... Mark!

Re: marks gone #41371
02/10/06 12:28 AM
02/10/06 12:28 AM
Brooklyn, New York
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
AyEe Y0o  Offline
Soulmate
A

Brooklyn, New York
I'm sorry, I did the 10 lines, it didn't come out right as you see, like only 3 lines...

Ehhh... chin up!

Re: marks gone #41372
02/10/06 12:39 AM
02/10/06 12:39 AM
Iowa
Frosty*Sonny*Cloud Offline
Long Time Friend
Frosty*Sonny*Cloud  Offline
Long Time Friend

Iowa
That sounds so sad! frown frown frown Everyone's hearts are with you and Mark! It sounds like this was very rough...Keep yourself busy, and it won't seem as sad, but for now, I say grieve, that's the healthiest solution at this time. You're not alone. frown

Cloud and Sonny and Frosty(RIP)

Snow glistens upon the open field, I see your shape, I hear your chirp, and happiness fills my soul, knowing how happy you must be, to be away from me....RIP Frosty! I'll love you forever and for always!
Re: marks gone #41373
02/10/06 02:10 AM
02/10/06 02:10 AM
N
Nacho. Offline
Long Time Friend
Nacho.  Offline
Long Time Friend
N

I'm so sorry to hear that.It's hard when a pet dies. Try to think of other things and when you think about Mark, think about the great times you had with him. You can always come to us if you need to talk about it.

Re: marks gone #41374
02/10/06 02:32 AM
02/10/06 02:32 AM
Canada
Kait Offline
Good Friend
Kait  Offline
Good Friend

Canada
I'm really sorry to hear about mark, when I read the main title of this topic my heart sank. Its hard to lose someone close. Please continue to be an active member here smile
All the best, Kait

<3Andy,Charlie,Sunny&Emmie<3
Re: marks gone #41375
02/10/06 02:59 AM
02/10/06 02:59 AM
Chicago
brown hornet Offline
Friend
brown hornet  Offline
Friend

Chicago
Sorry for your lost frown here is a pic I made for Mark and you. You should stay on the forum we can all help you get through it. He is in a better place were he is not sick and is flying and watching you from above.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by kushi. 10/14/19 09:49 AM
The Queen's budgies
by Onmojete. 09/22/19 09:11 PM
Hi name Amy New
by Onmojete. 09/22/19 09:10 PM
Parakeet Beak/Face problem
by Onmojete. 09/22/19 09:07 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
General Discussion
Books, TV, Movies
Da Vinci Code
Dreams
Japanese Culture
Life, Universe, Everything
Online Courses
Politics
Religious Research
Show Your Own Work
Work From Home / Writing

Parakeets
General Parakeet Chat
Keet Stories and Photos
Parakeet Photo Gallery
Budgie Training
Health and Medical Issues
Parakeet Breeding
In Memory Of ...
Non-Budgie Pets and Animals
Non-Budgie Animal Photos
Off-Topic for Keet Owners
Games
Animal Rights
Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site