Lisa Shea

As "male" jobs go away

Posted By: Lisa Shea

As "male" jobs go away - 04/13/17 02:12 AM

As "male" jobs go away, like truck drivers, more men will need to learn to do "Women's work" to get jobs. That is where the job growth is. Which raises all sorts of questions. Will the jobs start to pay more? Will the jobs earn more respect?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...ng-womens-work/

Posted By: Les-And

Re: As "male" jobs go away - 09/03/17 04:25 AM

I have yet to find a woman who doesn't mind getting grease and dirt under her fingernails, or go out in public with grimy and hands laden with skin cracks that show the type of work she does.

Re: As "male" jobs go away - 09/03/17 04:36 AM

Les-And -

Welcome to our forum!

Your statement baffles me completely. A large number of my female friends LOVE to mountain bike and kayak. They are constantly fixing their bikes and working on them.

Just what type of women are you interacting with? In what industry?
Is it something like high finance? Where do you live?
Posted By: Mongrel

Re: As "male" jobs go away - 02/26/18 01:48 AM

Male jobs are are going away? Hadn’t noticed. I have noticed that all the males willing to work have gone away though. I’ve been working since I was about nine when my dad took off with a waitress and her bunch of mongrels (wonder where I got that handle?), but these kids now seem to have a real problem with bicycles?

Re: As "male" jobs go away - 05/28/18 07:50 AM

I wouldn't say all males smile. I know a number of men who are hard workers and who slave extra hours because it's the right thing to do.

My boyfriend works at a bicycle shop and is in there pretty much every spare hour. So there are still people biking smile.
© 2018 Lisa Shea Forum