01/23/05 06:17 PM
01/23/05 06:17 PM
Massachusetts
Lisa Shea Offline OP

Silver Star Soulmate
Lisa Shea  Offline OP

Silver Star Soulmate

Massachusetts
You can make wine pretty much from any fruit / veggie that has sugar in it (which means pretty much anything) plus of course honey. The wine isn't thick - we're not talking about putting the pulp into the wine like a juice. Just like grape wine doesn' have bits of grape floating around in it smile So tomato wine is pale red in color, a general wine-like thickness to it, and sort of a light, tomatoey flavor.

If you visit the wineries around your home (assuming you don't live in the center of Napa Valley CA) undoubtedly they make fruit wines, a lot of small local wineries do. So a random selection of wine types I've seen at local wineries include:

apple, peach, pear, plum, blackberry, blueberry, elderberry, cranberry, raspberry

Give some a try! smile

Lisa Shea, owner
WineIntro.com
Re: 12 Months in a Vineyard #555
03/01/05 10:55 PM
03/01/05 10:55 PM
Stockport Cheshire England
H
Howard Offline
Howard  Offline
H

Stockport Cheshire England
Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Shea:
You can make wine pretty much from any smile
I started making wine at home with my parents help in 1967, and the home winemaking book surprised me with the information that Czar Peter the Great enyoyed wine made from Birch Tree Sap so much, that he was responsible for the destruction of Birch Forests twice the size of the United Kingdom.
A friend of my fathers loved alcohol,but developed diabetes and[in those days the only way to guarantee that he knew what he was drinking was to make his own - his favourite was a dry rose petal wine. {sometimes of course you have find an additional source of sugar - this increases dramatically the different wines you can make I believe he used to add rasins or the like to his rose petals}

Howard

Re: 12 Months in a Vineyard #556
03/09/05 02:00 AM
03/09/05 02:00 AM
Massachusetts
Lisa Shea Offline OP

Silver Star Soulmate
Lisa Shea  Offline OP

Silver Star Soulmate

Massachusetts
Right when I make dandelion wine I often add honey or sugar to it smile

That's interesting about Peter the Great, interesting that he didn't make Birch Beer out of it!

Lisa Shea, owner
WineIntro.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Latest Posts
Moscato Sangria
by Dr mariana. 10/15/19 05:30 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Cocktails, Sangrias
Events and Festivals
Food Pairings and Recipes
Glassware and Serving
Health and Allergies
Reviews and Tastings
Storage, Aging, Cellars
Travel Photos
Winery Visits
Winemaking
Wine Chit Chat
Off-Topic for Wine-Lovers
Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link